Tuesday, March 25, 2014

But I don't want to have Scabies

So every Tuesday we have these really awful medical sessions. Today was all about skin infections and animal bites. Basically I learned that half of us will get scabies, and most of us will have lice...and maybe ringworm. Are we having fun yet?
We also learned that we will probably all end up getting worms at some point. I am so excited!

In other news, we went to field based training and learned what we will actually be doing, which was really exciting. Pictures soon to come!

One of the most adorable things ever happened last night! I was talking to my host mom about only having less than a month before I leave for my final placement and how sad I am to be leaving them. I really lucked out in terms of family, I really appreciate them, so very much. But, my host mom said she was really sad too, and suggested that they all just join me when I move. So, my family is not very emotional, they seem to somehow be pretty reserved when it comes to their feels, so this was a HUGE deal. I really am going to miss them.
Only 16 days until I receive my final placement, and then on April 15th we swear in and become real life volunteers. Thank God, because this weird limbo, freshman like status blows.

Downside to moving to our final residence is that we are literally just going to move into an empty room. No furniture, nada. Luckily for me, I have had tons of experience moving. However, I am going to need to come up with cheap and crafty ways to decorate said empty room. Does anyone have ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Whenever we figure out how to send things I'll send construction paper and stickers!

    ReplyDelete