Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First leg

Today was the first part of my lovely trip, it started with crying all over everything, but seriously, the TSA man brought me tissue, it was pretty pathetic. Tomorrow we are headed out to Guatemala City, Guatemala at the unholy ass crack of dawn, yay! 
Today when we arrived in Miami we met at our hotel for the first part of orientation. It overall was pretty much like all the things you do on the first day of high school that make all the introverts cry and go home and listen to Norah Jones on loop, less than awesome. Sidenote: ice breakers are the worst. However, I will forgive our group leader today for three reason:
1. She loves and made multiple puns
2. She told us this joke: 
"How many peace corps volunteers does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
response "What, you have electricity?"*
3.She wrote this poem and it's truly amazingly beautiful  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YTS10nBO5A. If you have a minute watch it, enjoy it, and appreciate it.

Also, I made a friend! This is noteworthy. Maggie and Sass, be proud, I asked her to be my friend, I didn't even tell her we were friends!

I miss you all and I hope you are keeping warm, thank you for being so wonderful.
P.S. Krystal I miss you

*It amazes me how I can manage to butcher a joke even when not face to face.

1 comment:

  1. This might be the first time I've EVER heard of a TSA person being pleasant, let alone nice. Usually they are too busy sliding their hands over ladyparts and yelling at you to take your shoes off. I lovelovelove your trainer's video- paper trail jokes and all. I love you. I miss you. I'm thinking of you always, and sending you smiles for all of your awesome adventures and lovins for all the frustrating moments you encounter.

    ReplyDelete