Sunday, September 13, 2015

For The Kids



Sometimes Guatemala is hard. Sometimes being away from everyone and everything that has been comforting to you your entire life is overwhelmingly lonely. When those moments hit I rely on my best friends in site: my host siblings.
I think I have mentioned before that Meli is my bestest friend here. But seriously, look at that face, how could she possibly not be?!






Last week Meli told her mom that I am her favorite sister (she has two brothers).

Selvin, the oldest host brother, turned 10 this year. His birthday is at the end of August so the last weekend of August we went to celebrate with copious amount of food in Pana. Second Annual food extravaganza! This year in hopes to make it a little more fun for him we also brought his host cousin, Marlo, who is also 10.  These boys had so much fun; we walked to the lake, went to the library, a few stores, the market, and an ice cream shop (obviously) before heading back. 

The following day they wanted to thank me by taking me on a walk to my favorite place in town. 
Here are some pictures, try not to die of cuteness overload 
Dani...he is the photographer for all of the following except the ones he is in.








 
 Here are some other examples of them behaving well 


Children of the corn

Cousins

Dumbest chucho in the world

Selvin preparing for a school activity in the town's traditional clothing
Marlo



Host cousin and Aunt

The kids are fascinated by blue eyes


School performance (Dani is the fly guy in the green)





Reading the Bible..The house didn't even burn down!


These kids are ridiculous and tend to be little pains often, but I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment