Monday, October 13, 2014

Updates



Updates:
Happy Mid-October! I have no idea when this happened, but here it is!
A few updates about life in Guate:

  • The rain is finally starting to slow down, which means less mold everywhere, yay!
  •  School is ending; this is both a good and a bad thing. It’s nice to not feel stressed about making it to a school every day.
  • This stress has been replaced with the stress of a GLOW camp, and all of the wonderful parts that go along with planning an event, the most challenging thus far being the grant application process.
  • We are getting ready to have a new group of healthy schoolers which means we get to help train them, which is pretty exciting.
  • They are doing road construction on our now gravel road to pave it, which is great but means about four hours round trip of sitting in a micro jam packed with 30 other people waiting to pass. 
  •   I am learning patience, and am really bad at it.
  • Dating. Also, pretty bad at that….
  • The freeing up of time during the day has led to increased binge TV watching and reading, I don’t hate it.
  • Pond no longer looks like a little puppy; she has hit that really awkward stage where they have big feet and trip a lot. She very much reminds me of myself as a teenager.
  • My dad visits in two months, eep!
  • Ebola is the same in Spanish, English, and K’iche…which somehow makes in even more intimidating.
  • I have finally started to figure out ways to deal with the disgusting sexism and cat calling that I receive on a daily basis. See status about men yelling “I like dicks”
  • Also, we have hit eight months in country. Apparently things are much easier from here on out.

In 12 days my little sister turns 21 and in 4 months my baby sister will be 18, so I am now looking for a way to stop time
On another note I have a new favorite hostel...Iguana Perdida. Here are some pictures from a great weekend there. Most photos by Arlene Reich, photographer and blogger extraordinaire
these, plus drinks, and an amazing view, are all I really need in life


goofy, lovely friends.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment