Wednesday, July 9, 2014

CARE PACKAGE!



First, I would like to say thank you to Jackie for being amazing and sending me things, yay! After almost 5 months getting anything would have been a treat, but this also had real treats in it!
When I was getting ready to leave one of my host brothers asked if he could go with me, I agrees because I was only anticipating a letter, but then BAM! A whole big envelope things filled of goodies just for me…except that my host brother was there, and he knew there were goodies in there, I assume he could sense my excitement. I tried to downplay my giddiness, but there was no fooling him. Alas I told him it was a care package and offered to share a small portion of its contents with him. However, after I said care package he seemed suddenly very uninterested. *here a side note is needed…I have been teaching my siblings English, starting with basic things, common objects, body parts etc. As it turns out, sometimes when I get excited I talk really fast and really high pitched, making it slightly harder to understand me, and apparently this was one of those times.
So I sat down at the park and opened the package, my brother standing back, looking very skeptically at me and the envelope…I start pulling out things, a first aid kit, gummy worms, more delicious candy, lotion, hand sanitizer, an envelope, etc and ask what my brother would like. He quickly grabs the envelope and flips it upside down shaking it. I finally ask him what he is looking for and he says “pelo” I’ve no idea where this is coming from, maybe he and Jackie coordinated her sending a wig, but that’s impossible, he doesn’t know how to use facebook to contact her…Finally he says “why is there no hair in your hair package?” It all makes sense now, his weird looks and reluctance…Hair package.
So once again, thanks for the care package and not a hair package Jackie, everyone in the family liked it and we played UNO for hours. Somehow they are awful at remembering what the game is called but can remember the name of slap jack, war, and nose goes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment