Saturday, May 17, 2014

Escuelas Saludables



So that’s my project, basically I get to go to all the schools in my district and teach teachers how to more effectively teach students about health. Pretty cool right?!
 Indeed, it is, except that I am supposed to discourage snacking on junk food and stuff, unfortunately, I really don’t like being a massive hypocrite. I snack so much here, if I could sustain myself on Tortrix, mangoes, Nutella, and Guatemalan chips ahoy cookies I absolutely would. It’s so bad that I literally frequent different establishments when it is time to restock and hoard my goodies buying just a little bit at each one because I know if I bought my whole allotment of snacks in one place I would lose anything resembling credibility. Now whenever I buy my copious amount of junk food I squirrel it away chanting “healthy schools, healthy schools” to myself quietly. In other words, what I am telling you all is that I think I have a problem, also I might have turned into a hoarder. Yay! 

  But in reality my project is pretty cool and allows me to be in charge of my own schedule, which is pretty nifty. Also, I get to help people improve the lives of kiddos. Unfortunately, I am realizing that when my hair grows out I look like a high schooler, and do to all the chips ahoy and Nutella I am breaking out in a way that I haven’t since…puberty. I have no idea why people don’t believe me when I tell them that I am well educated and an adult. Ha. Yeah, I probably wouldn’t believe me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment