Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The library is open

All T no shade. The library is always open in Guate. So there is this awesome thing called chisme here
in Guatemala, technically chisme is just talking, however it is all sorts of gossip and some of these tiny
Chapinas could put the best queen to shame. The peace corps told us that we were always being watched and scrutinized, but they really did a poor job of telling us just how intently people would know everyone. It’s 6 billion times worse than Crawfordsville. The day after I asked to have fruit for breakfast one of my site mates told me that her mom told her that I refused to eat anything but fruit for breakfast. Less than a week after my friend (who lives four towns over) did not eat all of her soup I learned through some intense chisme that she doesn't like broth. Woah. Some serious shit up in here. It’s like we have become the new characters on a telenovela, and our acting skills are almost as good.
Point of this story is that if you diarrhea literally everyone in your town will know about it. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment